Snort mailing list archives

Re: Sourcefire VRT Certified Snort Rules Update2010-03-17

From: "evilghost () packetmail net" <evilghost () packetmail net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:05:55 -0500

Will Metcalf wrote:
First off I know my opinion probably doesn't count for much, but I'm
growing very tired of the anti-SF comments that tend to follow my
posts, it doesn't add anything to the conversation and is quite
annoying.

Conversely, I grow very tired of the pro-Sourcefire comments, especially
when legitimate concerns and issues are readily dismissed because it
might just cause someone's fragile ego to crack.  I grow tired of the
necessity to approach glaring issues, miscommunication, and other
nonsense with humility and subservience because evidently it's now
protocol.  I don't have the will for tact anymore when dealing with
Sourcefire.
Agree with their decisions or not, things
would be more pleasant if you would at least show some respect for a
company that has invested millions of dollars into something that you
are now using in your network and/or have built a business around that
you have payed absolutely nothing for.

Hmm.  I thought this was an Open-Source product/solution?  I do pay, a
fair amount of money for a VRT subscription, which as of late I'm very
much questioning it's value, but that's another post for another time in
the future.

-evilghost