Snort mailing list archives

Re: Weird happenings

From: redwookie () gmail com
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:30:02 +0000

Sorry for the delayed response.
no I cannot execute snort -V in any location, be it src or otherwise.
I did the config, make and make install as root.
rrgggh.
-Erik

On Apr 19, 2010 2:57pm, Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com> wrote:
Can you execute src/snort -V?

Did you sudo make install?

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Red Wookie redwookie () gmail com> wrote:

Output of which snort:

/usr/bin/which: no snort in

(/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)

So this is telling me that even though I did a make install, it did

not in fact, install anywhere? So where did I go wrong with this? It

was working two weeks ago and something happened (maybe a RHEL update)

and now this.

Getting ready to format reinstall if I can't figure this out.

-Erik

http://www.linkedin.com/in/ekmartin