Snort mailing list archives

Re: Whats the correct way to migrate from v2.8.5.x to v2.8.6.x?

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 19:37:50 -0400

I said that the registered rules release window does not open for
another 30 days (29 now).

On Tuesday, April 27, 2010, Chan, Wilson <wchan () honolulu gov> wrote:
For the new oinkmaster updates (Free Feed) which tar.gz file do you use?

snortrules-snapshot-CURRENT.tar.gz
snortrules-snapshot-2860.tar.gz
snortrules-snapshot-2860_s.tar.gz

I was reading http://www.dshield.org/diary.html?storyid=8692 article by Joel Esler and it mentions to use
snapshot-2860 without the "_s".  However, when I go to http://www.snort.org/snort-rules I see
snortrules-snapshot-2860_s.tar.gz only for the subscription release. So, my assumption is "_s" means subscription
release but there isn't any links under the registered-user release (30 day old) for the new file format. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Wilson Chan