Snort mailing list archives

Error: failed to initialize dynamic preprocessor: sf_sdf (ipv6)

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 17:08:26 -0400

There seems to be an issue with the Win32 version of the Snort. After
installing a fresh development site for testing and using only the files
from the latest Snort, Version 2.8.6-ODBC-MySQL-FlexRESP-WIN32 GRE (Build
38). Upon running Snort, there is a failure with; failed to initialize
dynamic preprocessor: sf_sdf (ipv6), and Snort quits.

I'm thinking there is a problem with the preprocessor that is associated
with the sf_sdf.dll file. I've seen some other inquires about this same
problem.

It seems that removing the file from the folder is the only way to allow
Snort past this issue.

Looking at the Snort guide, I see no direction past this problem. I'm not
sure if it's a configuration issue that I'm missing, or just a faulty dll?

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

File Information:
Snort version (-V): Version 2.8.6-ODBC-MySQL-FlexRESP-WIN32 GRE (Build 38)

File: sf_sdf.dll
CRC: 9E771F6D
MD5: C223BB52D469244C8E21B0DAE05AE1C8

Kindest regards,