Snort mailing list archives

Snort inline SLOW

From: Tomás Heredia <tomas.heredia () activesec biz>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:01:37 -0300

Hi all!

I´m having a problem with inline snort, and I´d like to know if anyone
has any clue.

Y was using snort 2.8.4.1 in inline mode int an HP DL120, on Debian
Lenny with NO problems.
Next, I was trying to use it on an HP DL160  on Ubuntu Karmik, with a
TERRIBLE performance. Pings go thru OK, but I can barely browse windows
folders, if at all.
Same changing to Snort 2.8.5.3. Same with empty configuration (always in
inline mode).

Any clues?

TIA!
User X scanned