Snort mailing list archives

Re: using Snort to audit the firewall

From: Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 16:43:04 -0500

I guess you may do something like this

-A FORWARD... rules -j DROP
-A FORWARD... rules -j QUEUE

your snort shouldnt get any drop rules,

Le lundi 14 juin 2010 16:36:43, Cristian Grigoriu a écrit :
Hi guys,

I have deployed a firewall using iptables. I would like to employ Snort
to audit the firewall by logging any packet which was not suppossed to
get through firewall but somehow has escaped.

4 days ago I have posted this question to Snort Newbie forum:

https://forums.snort.org/forums/snort-newbies/topics/using-snort-to-audit-m
y-own-firewalls

How can I achieve this? Is this even possible?

Thank you,

Cristian Grigoriu