Snort mailing list archives

Re: Suricata 0.9.2 RC3 Released

From: "Randal T. Rioux" <randy () procyonlabs com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:25:57 -0400

On 06/18/2010 10:32 AM, Matt Jonkman wrote:
The OISF development team is proud to announce Suricata 0.9.2 / RC3, the
Open Source Intrusion Detection and Prevention engine. We're working
towards our first stable release, currently scheduled for July 1st 2010.
<snip>

As much as I enjoy the (unnecessary and redundant (pardon the political
jab)) Dept. of Homeland Security money hemorrhaging machine reinventing
the wheel, I question whether advertising on the Snort owned lists is
appropriate. I don't believe I've seen Sourcefire sending out their
announcements on the ET/OISF or on other competing product venues.

Matt, much love to you - ET rocks and I'm sure Suricata will turn out to
be very cool stuff. Just try not to irritate those that paved the way
and those who may not be interested. Unfortunately, mailing lists don't
offer an "opt-out" option for advertisements. Which is why most mailing
lists ban advertisements :-)

Randy