Snort mailing list archives

Re: Having problem with Barnyard

From: JJC <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:50:26 -0600

What are your runtime options to start each snort and by2?

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 4:32 PM, Nick Moore <nmoore () sourcefire com> wrote:

All,

I'm having a problem with Barnyard putting data into MySQL. Snort is seeing
events and the log file is increasing, but no events have yet been written
to the database.

I've attached my snort.conf and barnyard2.conf. Based on the Snort screen
output below, I'm sure events are triggering:

Action Stats:
ALERTS: 246
LOGGED: 246
PASSED: 0
=====================

I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple. If anyone can point me in the
right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Nick Moore, SFCE, CISSP, CISA
Sr. Systems Engineer

   ,,_
  o"  )~   Sourcefire - The Creators of Snort
   ''''

www.sourcefire.com         www.snort.org