Snort mailing list archives

Re: rule download problem

From: JJC <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 08:32:13 -0600

The rule download location has changed, you will want to get the latest
version of pulledpork from svn (0.4.2) or wait until the tarball is released
shortly.

JJC

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 7:25 AM, John York <YorkJ () brcc edu> wrote:

I've been using PulledPork (v 0.4.1 Stumbling Leprechaun) to get my rules,
but in the last week or so it has started giving this error:
Error 403 when fetching
http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/snortrules-snapshot-2860_s.tar.gz.md5at /home/xxxx/snortrules/pulledpork/
pulledpork.pl line 306

It does this even if I wait several hours between attempts, so I don't
think the 15 min limit is involved.

These are the applicable lines from the conf file:
base_url=http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi
rule_file=snortrules-snapshot-2860_s.tar.gz

My subscription is up to date--I can log in to the web site and download
the rules ok.  Any ideas?

Thanks
John