Snort mailing list archives

Re: Failed to initialize dynamic preprocessor: SF_SMTP version 1.1.8

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 08:46:26 -0400

I find that people have a greater degree of success upon installation if they compile from scratch, you might want to
give that a try.

Joel

On Aug 3, 2010, at 8:12 AM, Chamila Garusinghe wrote:

Dear snort experts,
I have installed snort, but I have had great confusion on this.
I have also installed necessary packages beforehand.
but, when I do rpm -V name-of-the-package, it says the particulate package is not installed.
I am on ubuntu 10.04, please let me know is there any step by step guide to follow to get this to work.

This is for my MSc Dissertation and kind of urgent as well.

I ran the following

snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

got this error

ERROR: Failed to initialize dynamic preprocessor: SF_SMTP version 1.1.8

have you got any idea why?
Thank you in advance
Chamila