Snort mailing list archives

Re: Segmentation fault

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 17:52:38 -0400

On 8/3/2010 05:22, ll wrote:
ok,now ,just change like that :

Using 2.8.6 snort.conf file.
I removed the following from /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor
directory and it got rid of the error.

this is because you have to remove the old dynamic compiled preprocessors...
we've have seen it when we have had clients backlevel their snort for some
reason and left newer preprocessor and .so rules in place... you can also see it
if you have a newer snort and older so rules...

so, yes, using the proper rules versions for your snort version is very important...

lib_sfdynamic_preprocessor_example.a
lib_sfdynamic_preprocessor_example.la
lib_sfdynamic_preprocessor_example.so
lib_sfdynamic_preprocessor_example.so.0
lib_sfdynamic_preprocessor_example.so.0.0.0

http://forums.snort.org/forums/support/topics/can-t-start-snort-2-8-6-with-segmentation-fault-error?page=1

于 2010-8-3 17:09, ll 写道:
today ,I upgrade the snort rulesset to the last
snortrules-snapshot-2860.tar.gz.and I fine some error ,because my
snort still is v2.8.4.1,so I reinstall to 2.8.6.1. and the bad things
happen again .when I start up the snort,  error with Segmentation fault .

i google it and some people say it's not match snort version and rules
version .is it snortrules-snapshot-2860.tar.gz must be used by 2.8.6.0
? where can I download snort v2.8.6.0 ?