Snort mailing list archives

Re: Performance profiling not working snort 2.8.6

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:17:23 -0400

How are you running Snort?

Joel

On Sep 13, 2010, at 12:49 PM, Andy Berryman wrote:

I have performance profiling turned on and am trying to some diagnostics. But no file is being created when snort
restarts and the preprocessors aren’t being profiled. The only thing that is working is the “preprocessor
perfmonitor:”

This is the options we’ve compiled snort with.
--enable-decoder-preprocessor-rules --enable-dynamicplugin --enable-perfprofiling --enable-gre --enable-timestats
--enable-linux-smp-stats --enable-targetbased --enable-corefiles

Here’s my snort.conf:

config profile_preprocs
config profile_rules: print 100, sort total_ticks, filename /var/log/perf.txt
preprocessor perfmonitor: \
time 30 events flow max console pktcnt 10000