Snort mailing list archives

Re: Disabling Snort signatures with Oinkmster

From: John Gay <john.gay () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 12:30:30 -0500

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 12:16 PM, J. L. Cabral <jelocabral () gmail com> wrote:

Dear, I have Snort 2.9 running with some signatures disabled from the
rules I download via Oinkmaster.

The problem is that every time Oinkmaster download new rules, the
signatures I've disables with "#" become enable again.

How can I do to tell Oinkmaster not to disable some signatures I choose ???

Thanks a lot,

JeLo

Identify the sid of the rules that need to be deactivated and list them in
the oinkmaster.conf like the following example.

disablesid SID1, SID2, SID3, ...

Also you may want to upgrade to PulledPork. It is the new standard for rule
updating!

John