Snort mailing list archives

Snort recommendations

From: "Atkins, Dwane P" <ATKINSD () uthscsa edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 11:32:15 -0500

Good day,

We are looking to put snort on our more highly used Vlans and I am looking for some recommendations or guidance in the
matter.  We are also doing this on a very limited budget.

We want to use a Linux OS.  We would like a GUI interface to view and modify filters as well as doing some reports.

Is there a link out there that will help us configure a snort device and give us some guidance on the other options we
have?

Thank you

Dwane