Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.9.0.3 is coming soon!

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 17:30:39 -0500

I had someone offlist write me a joke, but it actually brought up a good point that I need to share.

Rules should be perfectly fine for most everyone. However, the below applies:

There are two scenarios that you'll have to be aware of.
1) shared object rules will have to be recompiled. Because of the change in that section of the code I talked about.
(point 2 in blog below).  So we'll have to update our ruleset.
2) If your custom rules are written incorrectly.  (point 3 in the below referenced blog post). We'll have a seperate
blog post about this from Russ up soon.

Sent from my iPhone