Snort mailing list archives

Problems with new pulledpork 0.6.0 version

From: carlopmart <carlopmart () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:44:35 +0200

Hi all,

  I am testing new pulledpork 0.6.0 version (I didn't have used
previously), and I have found some problems.

  First Test: I have configured an empty disabled.conf and result is:

Rule Stats....
        New:-------0
        Deleted:---0
        Enabled Rules:----17759
        Dropped Rules:----0
        Disabled Rules:---13820
        Total Rules:------31579
        Done
Please review /tmp/sid_changes_prod.log for additional details
Fly Piggy Fly!

  Why pulledpork disables 13820 rules?? I have commented out ips_policy

Second Test: In disablesid.conf I have disable some categories:
ET-emerging-mobile_malware,ET-emerging-scada,ET-emerging-voip,ET-
emerging-web_client,ET-emerging-web_server,ET-emerging-web_specific_apps,VRT-deleted,VRT-experimental,VRT-local,VRT-nntp,VRT-scada,VRT-web-activex,VRT-web-attacks,VRT-web-cgi,VRT-web-client,VRT-web-coldfusion,VRT-web-frontpage,VRT-web-iis,VRT-web-misc,VRT-web-php

  And the result is:

Rule Stats....
        New:-------0
        Deleted:---0
        Enabled Rules:----0
        Dropped Rules:----0
        Disabled Rules:---31579
        Total Rules:------31579
        Done
Please review /tmp/sid_changes_prod.log for additional details
Fly Piggy Fly!

  ALL rules are disabled!!!. Why??

And a lot of errors are produced:

Argument "web-activex" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 844.
Argument "exploit" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 844.
Argument "exploit" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 844.
Argument "web-client" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 844.
Argument "web-activex" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 844.
Argument "web-client" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 844.
Argument "web-activex" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 844.
Argument "web-activex" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 844.
Argument "netbios" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 844.
Argument "netbios" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 844.
Argument "preprocessor" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 844.
Argument "preprocessor" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 844.
Argument "sensitive-data" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at
[...]

  What am I doing wrong??

  Thanks.
--
CL Martinez