Snort mailing list archives

Re: thinning out the rules

From: JJC <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 07:58:29 -0700

Depending on your needs, there are a number of tools that can
accomplish what you want. Pulledpork being the most feature rich of
these.  In this case, simply adding pcre:netware to the
disablesid.conf will disable all rules that contain the string
"netware".  The benefit of using PP would be simple process
repeatability and full ruleset/type support (shared objects,
preprocessor rules, etc)

JJC

On Thursday, January 20, 2011, Edward Fjellskål