Snort mailing list archives

Re: Initial snort.conf

From: Nick Moore <nmoore () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:03:55 -0600

Vishesh,

Are you trying to test your preprocessor or your logging?

If your concern is the logging, I would suggest creating a simple rule to
alert on your workstation browsing to a particular web site. That way you
can be sure that you are triggering the rule and that your logging is
working as expected. Also, once you've verified that everything is working,
disable the rule.

I can't comment on Scapy. Perhaps others on the list may have more insight.

Happy Snorting!

Nick