Snort mailing list archives

Re: SnortSam Discussion was: RulePack update and End of Life of 2.8.6.0

From: Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () utc edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 15:06:25 -0500

On 1/28/2011 2:58 PM, Frank Knobbe wrote:
Snortsam isn't dead. It's EOD (End of Development, at least for my part.
I don't even use it anymore), but I wouldn't consider it EOL (End of
Life). It still works and seem to work well for a lot of folks.

Still in use here, as long as it works and there's no replacement for it's functionality.

Can't help with patching Snort though. If anyone has patches for Snort
2.9.x, please let me know and I'll put them on the Snortsam website.

+1 to that.  2.8.6 and holding here for the moment (built in September and already
looking at EOL?).

Jeff