Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard2 to remote server

From: Sherman Boyd <sherman () twocell com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 07:54:57 -0700

Your objective is to send "alert_fast" type events over the network to
your remote system running on 192.168.9.1:1212.
What service is running on that port and what type of input it is expecting?

The service will be a custom node.js application, so the type of input
can really be whatever.  I imagine that ASCII "alert_fast" type input
will be way easier to parse than snort unified.

Best regards,

Sherman Boyd