Snort mailing list archives

Re: problem in downloading from command line

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:21:15 -0400

It doesn't appear that you have a space between the end of your Oinkcode and the "-O"

Joel

On Jul 11, 2011, at 4:46 AM, Negin Nickparsa wrote:

hello I registered in snort.org I got an oinkcode cause I wanted to download the snortrules-snapshot-2900.tar.gz
My OS is Opensuse I tried this one:

wget http://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2900.tar.gz/c0e9480af637e53c7aae823a40a131edc1343db5\-O
snortrules-snapshot-2900.tar.gz

here is the output:
--13:01:07--
http://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2900.tar.gz/c0e9480af637e53c7aae823a40a131edc1343db5-O
           => `c0e9480af637e53c7aae823a40a131edc1343db5-O'
Resolving www.snort.org...
68.177.102.20
Connecting to www.snort.org|68.177.102.20|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
13:01:10 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

--13:01:10--  http://snortrules-snapshot-2900.tar.gz/
           => `index.html'
Resolving snortrules-snapshot-2900.tar.gz... failed: Name or service not known.

FINISHED --13:01:17--
Downloaded: 0 bytes in 0 files

how can I download this file?
Snort-users list archive: