Snort mailing list archives

Re: High PatMatch

From: rmkml <rmkml () yahoo fr>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:01:34 +0200 (CEST)

Hi eltra1n,
Can you try with this bpf filter please?: 'tcp[2:2] > 1023'
  http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/breves/expr-bpf.html
Sorry it's in French speaking.
Regards
Rmkml

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011, eltra1n wrote:

I'm trying to reduce my high PatMatch percentage, which is at about
100%. According to the manual, I need to reduce the amount of traffic
that is reassembled. I analyzed  flow data and it appears that most
traffic is high port to high port. I would like to ignore this using
either "ignore ports" or BPF filters. Before I go down the BPF path,
is there any way to  do it with "ignore_ports"? It looks like you can
only list each port. Any way to do 1024-65535?