Snort mailing list archives

Reputation Preprocessor

From: Shlomi Musseri <musseri10 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 00:56:26 +0200

Hi Guys,

We work with snort in port mirroring mode. We have a lot of packet drop
because we using  a lot of IP blacklist rules.
In the new version of snort 2.9.2.1 we try to use the Reputation
Preprocessor that will help us to runs IP  Reputation before other
preprocessors.
The preprocessor doesn't write any logs.
Why we don't see any output from the Reputation Preprocessor?? Can it run
port mirroring mode ??

Thanks,

Shlomi