Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort 2.9.2 & Razorback

From: Matt Olney <molney () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 09:35:35 -0500

Umm...not certain if these answer your question, but I think they do:

The custom build is a stand-alone nugget that connects to the Razorback
system.  The nugget is included as part of the tarball for the Razorback
system as a whole.  The custom tarball has been modified to the point that
it should only be used for integrating with Razorback, not as a platform
for standard detection.

If you are trying to configure standard Snort, use the Snort tarball from
snort.org and you shouldn't have to use any switches related to Razorback.

Matt

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Jonathan S. Abrams <