Snort mailing list archives

snort ids for wireless

From: huruiala cosmin <huruiala_petrecosmin () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:50:32 -0800 (PST)

I'm thinking to use snort as an IDS for wireless. I want to use kismet to sniff wireless trafic and send it through a
tap/tun interface to snort to analyse it.
It is posible to write snort rules to detect 802.11 attacks and log them into mysql database? And what changes would i
have to do to the database schema if this would be possible? Thank you!