Snort mailing list archives

Re: DAQ Mod issue

From: Michael Altizer <maltizer () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:13:50 -0400

From the DAQ README:
""""""
Also, libdnet is required for IPQ and NFQ DAQs. If you get a relocation error trying to build those DAQs, you may need to reinstall libdnet and configure it
with something like this:

    ./configure "CFLAGS=-fPIC -g -O2"

You may also experience problems trying to find the dynamic dnet library
because it isn't always named properly.  Try creating a link to the shared
library (identified by its .x or .x.y etc. extension) with the same name but
with ".so" inserted as follows:

    $ ln -s libdnet.1.1 libdnet.so.1.1
    $ ldconfig -Rv /usr/local/lib 2>&1 | grep dnet
      Adding /usr/local/lib/libdnet.so.1.1

Alternatively, you should be able to fix both issues as follows:

    libtoolize --copy --force
    aclocal -I config
    autoheader
    autoconf
    automake --foreign
""""""

Your libdnet was configured and built without -fPIC.