Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort / Barnyard2 Placement

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 17:40:18 -0400

We use barnyard on each sensor and have that read the u2 and send up
to the central server.  actually, we use sguil so it uses that, but in
either case, it's a better option then sending u2 files all over the
place.  You can customize each sensor on it's own box and not try and
track everything on one box.

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Turnbough, Bradley E.