Snort mailing list archives

Re: Automated File Carving?

From: Tony Robinson <trobinson () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 15:19:42 -0400

Hey there Shawn,

I did some very cursory research on my end and found a very nice blog post
that lists a few options for file carving out of PCAPS. judging by the fact
you've customized base to suit your needs, You'd probably more than
comfortable finding a way to automate these tools for automatic file
carving.

http://c0decstuff.blogspot.com/2011/07/extracting-files-from-tcpdump.html

Sorry I'm not able to offer more help, but I'm at the end of my rope as it
is.

Hope this helps.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Jefferson, Shawn <