Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] Downloading older versions of snort

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:55:06 -0400

On Aug 10, 2012, at 10:29 AM, Mike Cox <mike.cox52 () gmail com> wrote:
Thanks Joel.  Ultimately I would like to be able to
download/compile/run/analyze snort 2.8 versions thru the current
version.  Do you  have links?

They aren't publicly available, I'll have to dig them out from storage somewhere.

I guess I could start my own repo of snort versions going forward (I'm
guessing this is OK since it would be publicly available and Snort is
Open Source) but I don't think it would come in handy form for another
two to five years.

Like I said before, maybe we can put them up somewhere for reference and people can get to them.  I need to think about
what's the best way to do that (considering our backend hosting, etc)

 Maybe someone better at Sourceforge/github/etc.
could do this and/or Sourcefire could assist since they have all the
code (and aren't scared of the past or being fully Open Source).

I don't understand your "fully Open Source" comment.  We've never hid anything.  Our code has always been open source,
and as long as Marty is around, always will be.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT