Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-users] Multi-process Snort

From: Pratik Narang <pratik.cse.bits () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 16:42:32 +0530

Thanks to Joel, Robert and others for the help.
When we talk of a multi-process Snort, we are talking of multiple
instances of Snort over different cores, right? How is the
Pre-processor based engine and the detection engine then balanced
between the different instances of Snort? Is it like one instance
takes care of 10K rules, the other of 12K rules and something like
that?