Snort mailing list archives

No logs, I think it's something in my snort.conf

From: honeybadger () q com
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:12:20 -0700

Thanks everyone for putting up with my questions.

I finally got in a "-A console" and it does look like rule processing is working.

Right now if I execute a snort -D -c /var/log/snort.conf, -I eth1 -l /var/log/snort

I get a 0 log or no log random and worrying.

If I skip the conf, I get a giant log.

Also I no longer get that the demon baby is alive, not sure what I did to break it.

I checked the conf, nothing really different from stock except all the rules being removed out by pulled pork and the
only output being alert_fast; alert also from pulled pork.

My boss wants to reinstall but I think don't know if it will fix anything if it's a subsystem issue and also I won't
have learned anything.

Thanks for any help.