Snort mailing list archives

MySQL support for Snort 2.9.4

From: Kaya Saman <kayasaman () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 00:15:11 +0000

Hi,

I've installed Daq 2.0 and Snort 2.9.4 however, I'm confused about the
MySQL support.

Initially running ./configure --help didn't yield any option for
support: --enable-mysql=

Also adding the option: output database - in the snort.conf file doesn't
work either.

Should I downgrade to version 2.9.3 or am I missing something?

I have gone through the Snort user manual from www.snort.org/docs and
saw some information on this under preprocessor_stream5 but nothing to
add to my snort.conf.

What am I missing???

Thanks.

Kaya