Snort mailing list archives

Re: MySQL support for Snort 2.9.4

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 19:39:01 -0700

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM, Kaya Saman <kayasaman () gmail com> wrote:
On 12/11/2012 02:33 AM, Jeremy Hoel wrote:

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Kaya Saman <kayasaman () gmail com> wrote:

On 12/11/2012 02:22 AM, Jeremy Hoel wrote:

yes.. you can use ipvar for just ipv4 only.

Now that I'm in front on a computer.. I see I may have over simplified
something..

You have preprocessor stanszas in your config (frag, stream, ftp,
smtp, etc).. so you need to have those preprocessors loaded.  When you
mentioned the folder they had been looking for was empty, did you by
chance look for them in another folder?

I finally found the information and it's all where it's supposed to be.

Ok.. that's good. I know it was a genaric response, but I was in the
car.. so sorry. :-)  glad you found the files.  Was the path wrong in
the snort.conf?

The path was correct! I just didn't recurse into the directory properly it
seems..... causing a false negative.

Emailing and driving? That's a new one :-)

hahaa..  drive through..  takes forever!

You are using OpenBSD 5.2 SPARC64 and I haven't used that, so it could
be they got installed somewhere else.

did you install from source or from the package manager?

Installed from source as OpenBSD doesn't yet "officially" support version
2.9.x

I am using Daq version 2.0.0 from my first test with Snort 2.9.4 - could
this be the issue? Should I downgrade to 1.1.1?

However, the install went ok with no errors at all from Snorts point of
view!

Daw 2 should be fine, the errors you had been getting where snot.conf
errors.  If DAQ throughs an error, you'll know.  haha

So Snorts working, good.  a always like to add the output to an alert
text file, or syslog, so I can make sure I'm getting alerts,..then I
do the unified2 part and remove the syslog/text file when I'm done.

Have fun and keep playing!

Erm nope :-( Snort isn't working still.... same old errors :-( :-(

This is full output:

Can you paste your snort.conf?