Snort mailing list archives

Re: New redBorder IPS Community Release

From: "Lawrence R. Hughes, Sr." <lhughes () safemedia com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:41:51 -0500

Hi,

What version of  PF_Ring are you using?
Do you have DNA enabled?

Thanks,
Larry

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jaime Nebrera" <jnebrera () eneotecnologia com>
To: <snort-users () lists sourceforge net>; <snort-devel () lists sourceforge net>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:15 AM
Subject: [Snort-users] New redBorder IPS Community Release

Dear Snort users,

We are proud to announce the availability of a new redBorder IPS
Community Release (2.2.24). This new release has been possible due to
the combined effort of our sponsors and clients. As always we would like
to get the opportunity to thank other Open Source projects that are part
of our solution: Snort, pf_ring, Snorby, Chef, CentOS, …

A brief summary of new features:

Probe

* Upgrade to just released Snort 2.9.4 and DAQ 2.0
* Kernel crash under specific traffic conditions solved (critical upgrade)
* GeoIP based protection (as a enhancement to Reputation Preprocessor)
* Barnyard updated to 2.1.11

Manager

* General scalability enhancements improving the usability with multiple
probes
* Inclusion of TokuDB storage engine as part of MySQL. De warned this
software has its own licensing conditions, not being Open Source. Either
way, it is free to use up to 50GB without any support nor
responsibility. Look into their site for more details (www.tokutek.com)
* Support for SCADA and Reputation Preprocessors
* GeoIP Reputation Management
* Customizable Dashboard System
* Greatly enhanced filtering system
* IPMI information gathering
* Google Maps integration
* Improved reports
* Many bugfixes

The GeoIP enhancement patch has been sent to Sourcefire and hope it will
be included in default Snort at some time (please, this is just our
hope, not a statement by Sourcefire). You can access the patch directly
into our Github repository (www.github.com/redBorder) under GPLv2 license.

As always, the software is available to registered users for free at
www.redborder.net under AGPLv3 license.

--
Jaime Nebrera - jnebrera () eneotecnologia com
Consultor TI - ENEO Tecnologia SL

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest Snort
news!