Snort mailing list archives

Re: Automatically decoding of Teredo traffic

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 10:06:56 -0400

There is no way to turn off teredo at runtime and, as of 2.9.4, there is no
way to build without ip6 support, but Snort rules can be written to match
on either the inner or outer IP layers.  Furthermore, snort -A cmg will
show both layers and unified2 packets have both as well.

As for the example, need to see a pcap.  There should be no need to add the
ip6 address, which doesn't really make sense since it is a udp rule
(meaning the ip6 header is considered payload assuming something like
eth:ip4:udp:ip6:icmp6).

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:35 AM, L0rd Ch0de1m0rt