Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort alert

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:35:02 -0500

On 3/27/2013 05:25, Quentin Vallin wrote:
Hello,

I would like to know if you have more explication about snort alert. I
have a snort report, but it's not easy to determine the source of
problem. Is it with the "GID"
   or "SID" that we can have more explication about problem ?

the GID is the module that generated the alert (aka Generator IDentification)...
the SID is the actual number of the alert rule... both are pretty much necessary
to properly identify the rule in question...