Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Pattern alghoritm

From: Todd Wease <twease () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 06:17:14 -0500

Asiri,

Yes, snort uses the PCRE library.

Todd

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Asiri Rathnayake <asiri.rathnayake () gmail com
wrote:

Dear Todd,

Sorry about sneaking into this topic :)

The files you mentioned, they are mainly concerned about string matching
(as Martins expected).

I am interested in the regular expressions matching sub-routines. I noted
the files:

src/detection-plugins/sp_pcre.[h,c]

From these it appears that Snort uses the PCRE library for all regex
matching needs.

Can you kindly confirm if this is indeed the case?

Thank you very much.

- Asiri