Snort mailing list archives

Re: question for snort flow established

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 15:00:21 -0500

On 3/16/2013 10:10, zhaojunling_20 wrote:
Dear All,

I have a little question, if I installed snort on my web server<ipaddress
10.2.11.2> which has only one ethernet interface and snort inspect the
interface, does "flow with option established" work or not?

yes... it has to as several tens of thousands of rules use it ;)

I have tested the below rule with
----http://10.2.11.2/test.php?user=Zango/Setup.exe, no alert arised.
alert tcp any any -> $HTTP_SERVERS $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"WEB-CLIENT Zango adware

what does your $HTTP_SERVERS and $HTTP_PORTS vars contain from your snort.conf??

installation request"; content:"Zango/Setup.exe";flow: to_server,established;
reference:url,www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/0523130/index.shtm;
classtype:policy-violation; sid:10000019; rev:3;)
appreciate your help~