Snort mailing list archives

metadata questions

From: "Morris, Shane (US SSA)" <shane.morris () baesystems com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 18:32:15 +0000

1.       According to the snort manual the metadata key values are engine, soid and service but Ive seen rules written
with other options like "metadata: author snortguru". Is there a list of available keys or are all keys other than
engine, soid and service treated as comments.

2.       If I am writing a rule that I want to fire on HTTP and non-HTTP traffic how could I do this since you have to
use metadata and specify a service in the newest version of Snort?