Snort mailing list archives

Re: Event second in unified2

From: beenph <beenph () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 23:26:59 -0400

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 9:13 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net> wrote:
On 6/9/2013 20:22, SnortFan wrote:
Hi everyone,
How do you convert the event second in the U2SpewFoo output to a real date and
time? I'm having an issue with a sensor that appears to be reporting info into
base as one month prior to when its happening. The sensors servers date and time
are correct, so I'm trying to see if its snort or barnyard that is miss
configured. Has anyone had this issue before and if so what was the cause for you?

please post a valid entry from your output that is not being converted properly...

 perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); my $ze_time = XXXXXXXXX ; my
$conv_time = strftime "%a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Y",localtime($ze_time) ;
print  "$conv_time\n";'

Replace XXXXXXXX by utc timestamp.

binf@APOSTOL:~# perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); my $ze_time =
1324954597 ; my $conv_time = strftime "%a %b %e %H:%M:%S
%Y",localtime($ze_time) ; print  "$conv_time\n";'
Mon Dec 26 21:56:37 2011
binf@APOSTOL:~#

-elz