Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] Proposed Sirefef (was Re: Late in the day...bet this could be sig'd)

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 14:23:25 -0400

Okay, so to go back to your original intention, it's probably a good idea to have one with a reverse direction from
what I shipped?

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"MALWARE-CNC Potential hostile executable served from
compromised or malicious WordPress site"; flow:to_server,established; content:"/wp-content/"; http_uri;
content:".exe|20|HTTP/1."; fast_pattern:only; pcre:"/\/\d+\.exe$/U"; metadata:policy security-ips drop, ruleset
community, service http; reference:url,blog.avast.com/2013/05/03/regents-of-louisiana-spreading-s irefef-malware;
classtype:trojan-activity; sid:26576; rev:1;)

(being what I shipped)