Snort mailing list archives

Re: More ACID BASE Help

From: Shaun Marlin <shaun.marlin () canalta com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 19:24:42 +0000

Well I managed to find the barnyard2.conf but now I seem to be having an issue when I try the following commands

# /usr/local/bin/snort -q -u snort -g snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -i eth0 &
# /usr/local/bin/barnyard2 -c /etc/snort/barnyard2.conf -d /var/log/snort -f snort.log -w /etc/snort/bylog.waldo -G
/etc/snort/gen-msg.map -S
/etc/snort/sid-msg.map -C /etc/snort/classification.config &

When I run the second command, I get this error

root@SENTRY:/usr/src/barnyard2-master/schemas# /usr/local/bin/barnyard2 -c /etc/snort/barnyard2.conf -d /var/log/snort
-f snort.log -w /etc/snort/bylog.waldo -G /etc/snort/gen-msg.map -S /etc/snort/sid-msg.map -C
/etc/snort/classification.config &
[2] 7694
root@SENTRY:/usr/src/barnyard2-master/schemas# -bash: /usr/local/bin/barnyard2: No such file or directory

I looked for the /usr/local/barnyard2 directory, but there is nothing there.

Thanks
-Shaun
--
 Shaun Marlin
 Network Administrator

which it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please
notify the sender and delete the material from your computer.