Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort-2.9.4, daq 2.0.1 afpacket in inline mode snort fails to drop packets even when RULE is set to drop

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 20:21:42 -0400

On 8/16/2013 14:53, Y M wrote:
If I recall, --enable-inline is deprecated since a while now, not sure which
Snort version; A warning should have been shown during compilation. But I do not
think that this would affect operating in inline mode now.

doesn't inline mode require an input interface and an output interface where
snort sits between then and passes the traffic from one to the other? what does
the OP's snort.conf show in this regard?