Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rules to detect all the attacks listed in DARPA dataset ?

From: Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () utc edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 21:02:39 -0400

On 8/20/2013 8:39 PM, lists () packetmail net wrote:
I'm very curious why you've selected attack tools and scripts older
than a decade as a measure of IDS success? Are there any sigs against
"/timer1 0 5 /msg #funfactory LOLz itz a flood" I really miss land.c
and teardrop.c

Indeed.  If you pass the "test suite", congratulations, you're ready for
Y2K :)

Jeff