Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard2 error: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of snort

From: beenph <beenph () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 13:33:54 -0400

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 1:17 PM, James Lieu <j0liu001 () yahoo com> wrote:

My snort install runs fine to logs and I can start Barnyard2 without
the mysql call with no apparent problems (but Barnyard is not writing
anything to mysql, no log files either).

but once I add the mysql output back into my barnyard2.conf file I am unable
to start it

Return to the barnyard2 compilation step and check if you get an error
when you configure barnyard2 to run
with --enable-mysql, at the moment thats where you issue lies.

-elz