Snort mailing list archives

Re: Unrecognised syslog facility/priority in snort

From: Mayur Patil <ram.nath241089 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 15:04:48 +0530

Hi Praveen Sir,

        Thanks for the reply.

What ur Snort IP (as per my understanding it is also syslog Client), give
me IP's

   Right. Snort is same as syslog client (*172.20.54.211*)

*   Please Ignore any configurations related to IP 172.20.54.212 as it is
other machine.*

 and

syslog server IP and conf's.

   *syslog server IP: 172.20.54.213*
*   *

Give me full conf file on all the machines involved.

snort/syslog conf's

   On Snort machine IP 172.20.54.211,
   On location */etc/rsyslog.d/, * file rsyslog.conf.
   Contents are
*   auth.alert                   @172.20.54.213.*
*
*