Snort mailing list archives

Re: SIP scanner sig

From: Y M <snort () outlook com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 19:38:04 +0300

Yes, that would make sense and I haven't tried to take out/adjust the thresholds.

Just to shed some light, I was specifically looking at one of our own IP addresses and this sip packet jumped in the
middle out of no where, no sip packets before or after it. This explains why the rules didn't fire, at least in this
particular case, because of the thresholds.

I will try to look more into this as soon as I can.

Thanks again for the explanation.
YM

Sent from a Phone