Snort mailing list archives

preprocessor drop packets issues

From: Han Zhang <zhanghan0116 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 18:04:59 -0700

Hi all,

         I'm currently writing a Snort preprocessor, which tries to drop
some
packets before it goes to the detection engine and triggers any rules. I
tried function Active_DropPacket(); but it doesn't work.

         I attached my code here, for test purpose, this code just drop all
the HTTP packets. I could see output "Got a packet", which means this
preprocessor was called. But it did not drop any HTTP packet. Was I using a
wrong function to drop the packet? Any comment is appreciate.

static void Detection(Packet *p, void *context)
{

    TestConfig *entropy = NULL;

    LogMessage("Got a packet\n");
    sfPolicyUserPolicySet (entropy_config, getRuntimePolicy());
    entropy = (EntropyConfig *)sfPolicyUserDataGetCurrent(entropy_config);

    /* Not configured in this policy */
    if (entropy == NULL)
        return;

    if(p->sp == 80)