Snort mailing list archives

Help with a rule

From: Tyler MacPherson <tah338 () sr unh edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 12:20:55 -0500

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Snort, and was wondering if I could get assistance
with writing a rule. Our Snort system is watching over a private network
of several secure servers. One of the things we'd like to look for is
large chunks of data being transferred off any of these servers. I'm
trying to come up with a rule that alerts us any time there is some
movement of data over, say, 10MB, but I'm not sure how to go about doing
this. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

--
Tyler MacPherson