Snort mailing list archives

Re: Vbs rat threat rules

From: Feroz Basir <feroz.basir () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 01:07:30 +0800

Hi,

Thanks for replying. My packet go through a proxy and snort is between 2 proxies. I've just learned that this proxy
might change or encapsulate the packet. I'm trying to monitor vbs rat threat that making connection from the inside to
outside world via various port numbers and hostname. I have the rule but it didn't work. So I thought vrt could have a
special rule for this.

Alert tcp $home_net any -> $external_host 1000 (msg:"alert vbs rat" content:"Host|3A|"; nocase; http_header;
content:"some.website.net"; nocase; http_header; fast_pattern:only; priority:1; Sid:1000002; rev:1;)

Thanks.

Regards,
Feroz Basir